19.11.09

Elevators just aren't that fun anymore


Hey guys, has anyone noticed the take the stairs challenge at RRC Princess campus? I bet you all have, and some of you are just ignoring it – Jérèmie Wookey and Jeff Ward. You have no idea the benefits to your heart and your waist simply by taking the stairs every time you go up. I know you’re probably thinking who cares; I’d rather deal with awkward silences than walk flights of stairs. But the truth of the matter is that taking the stairs gets the blood flowing, just like we’ve been talking about, and makes you feel good that you did, at least, a little physical activity for the day.

I can hear people at home going, but Kiley if we all decide to take the stairs the stairway will get way to crowded; then taking the stairs will be like dealing with rush hour traffic in Winnipeg. Well, I really don’t know what to say, except, there are way more stairs on campus, two per building in fact, than there are elevators. So, get your butts in gear and get up those stairs because if you’re not injured, disabled, or below three and above 80 years old you can do it, I have faith in you!


8 comments:

  1. I've been wondering exactly how that stair challenge works- have you looked into it? I didn't see a website on the posters, unless I just missed it.

    I find elevators scary anyway, as a mild claustrophobe. So stairs it is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would anyone mind carrying me to my classes tomorrow? It's part of the "carry your instructor around school challenge!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the sheer number of students who go to Notre Dame vs us Princess Streeters, I don't think we'll be able to win. Though, I went there to do surveys this morning for PR and we're totally better dressed. Also, we have straighter teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I hate the elevators. I'm always convincing people to take the stairs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the stairs because being idle waiting/riding the elevator feels like I'm wasting time. I do wish the stairs were about a foot wider though for when I meet someone coming from the other direction. Who designed these anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'' find out more about the take the stairs challenge. I think it's between Notre Dame and Princess to see who can get the most students to take the stairs. We should have baked goods for the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wouldn't baked goods as a reward just cancel out all that hard calorie-burning stair climbing?

    unless they were low-fat or something...

    ReplyDelete