29.1.10

Let it snow

Just like the weather, I can’t decide whether I want winter to officially make its mark or have spring get here as soon as possible. But regardless if I’m ready, winter finally reared it’s ugly head with Winnipeg's first blizzard of the season and temperatures hitting -30s. Like many Manitobans, I hate the cold. But as ironic as this may sound I love winter sports, ugh. One of my new favorite winter activities is snowshoeing. I love how I can go wherever I want and don’t need to follow tracks and go through any amount of snow I want.

For Christmas, I got a fancy set of Atlas snowshoes and with all the mushy weather and bad scheduling, I haven’t been able to make it out. But now after parts of Manitoba got a 30cm snow dump this weekend I ready to go out. Hitting the snow is a fun workout and way to enjoy the winter. While winter seems to last 8 months out of the year why not take make the best of it instead of hibernating inside and putting on those unwanted winter pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment