9.2.11

Dreams keeping me up and keeping me thinking


One week to go until my IPP event, the Children’s Rehab Rockout.  Holy crap, only at week left?!?!  Where did the time go?  It seems like only yesterday that it was last March and I sat in the Park Theatre watching the second years present their IPPs with sparkles in my eyes and a lump on my heart of what was to come in second year.

But here I am only one week away from the biggest project of my life to date and the end of my post-secondary education, at least for the time being.  Next week I will for sure get into how excited I am, but this week I thought I’d talk about how my anxieties are manifesting themselves in my dreams.

I’m having stress dreams, and remembering every horrifying moment of them - I think.  I’m the type of person who hasn’t remembered a dream in a LONG time; so long I don’t even know when the last time I remembered one until last week. 

Last week was by far the worst yet.  I woke up in a cold sweat around three in the morning after I dreamed I neglected my girlfriend’s baby.  She had left the baby in my care and I forgot all about him.  By the end of the dream he was crying bloody murder wanting me to change him, feed him or just plain pay attention to him.  I was totally devastated by this dream; I thought this was some premonition to the fact that I was going to be a horrible mother.  So I checked out the website Dream Moods.  It said that forgetting about a baby means you feel over overwhelmed by the responsibility of taking care of somebody else, like the five bands playing at my event possibly.

Dream Moods in general says that dreams about forgetting signify life’s anxieties, an unconscious desire to leave something behind.  All of which could be true but not all necessarily involving my IPP.  This year has seen people leave from my life and will see the end of my time in school, so there really are quite a few important things that have left my life or will very shortly be leaving my life.  This new chapter in my life is SUPER exciting; I’m finally ready to move on, let go and let love in.  But obviously my subconscious isn’t quite ready to leave some things behind yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Hopefully you'll be able to get some actual *restful* sleep in before your big event!

    ReplyDelete