24.9.10

I’m officially a videographer this week.  Well sort of.  For the first time this week, Nicki and I edited a short silent film we shot last week for continuity.  It was totally amazing to put two different images of the same action together and have it tell a story.  I don’t know if any of you reading this blog has done this, but it is a totally amazing feeling to know that you can tell a story with film.


(I wanted to include the silent film here, but it's taking forever and this blog is due at 6.)

Another notch on the old videographer’s belt is recording sound.  Until today I had NEVER recorded sound.  Before last week I didn't even fully comprehend just how important and difficult sound is.  In first year, I filmed and edited a montage but that was just one music track and the continuity assignment was silent.  This morning Nicki, Glenda and I finally took out the sound equipment to record a phone call.  I held the boom mic over Nicki's head as she played  her part, and watched as the audio levels peaked up and down - it's really important.  Next week involves taking all we learnt, shot composition, editing for continuity and sound, and put it all together to create a piece that is officially a video.  


I'm really excited to see how it all LOOKS and SOUNDS.  If you had asked me two years ago if I ever saw myself doing or even liking this I don't if I would have said yes.  This last year has opened my eyes to so many different things I could never have imagined.  

4 comments:

  1. Upload that sucker to YouTube now! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Producing a video with all the works (at least with sound & continuity this time), is so much fun!... Last Friday's assignment was really cool. Oh! Just can't wait to see your video sequence, too! Nice post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be up by the end of the day, Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The continuity assignment was so much fun! Jess found the funniest music for ours...can't wait to watch them all in class.

    ReplyDelete