17.9.10

Why do you say paper jam when there is no paper jam?



My printer is giving me a headache – a huge freaking headache.  It keeps saying paper jam when there is no paper jam, or at least is there is no reason why there should be a paper jam.  The paper is just sitting there nice and neat until it goes in the printer, and before it can even get half way done it jams.  UGH, not again.  Freaking paper jam.
The first time I notice how crappy this printer is was the other day when I had to print something out for school.  I hit print and then I got an error message, “communication error.”  Ok, let’s try this again.  Print… “Communication error.”  Why are you doing this to me, just print!  Again and again I tried for about an hour.  Press print then hold the paper as it feeds into the printer.  “Communication error.” Shit.  Then I tried to change the black ink cartage.  “Communication error.”  Ok, ok, let’s try changing the colour cartage too.  “Communication error.”

After that I gave up.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I’ll just print it out at school.

The day after fighting with the printer for over an hour, I decided just for fun that I would try to print something.  Like a bad horror movie when the victim runs upstairs instead of running outside, and all the audience can do is yell, “don’t go upstairs – run outside,” the printer decided to work.  That stupid, freaking thing worked – the first time.
Damn you printer!  I’ll show you.  I’ll go buy a new one and then take you out to the field behind my house and smash you to pieces just like they did on Office Space.  Just wait, you’ll get your headache.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I have an office-related technical problem, I think about Office Space.

    Whenever I'm in a traffic jam, I grab the steering wheel with both hands, shake it violently, and scream bloody murder.

    I think a paper jam is the worst scenerio ever. You've already completed whatever it is you had to do, and printing the document out is the final step.

    Stupid, stupid printer jams... I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete