3.12.09

I'm quitting smoking



It's Thursday at 9:52 p.m. and I've decided to quit smoking. Ok, I've decided that I would quit more times then I'd like to admit, but today, tonight is the time. I'm ready, at least I think I'm ready. I along with many others find it extremely difficult to quit smoking. What is it, beyond the addiction part, that makes it so hard? Is it that I think I look cool because movie make it look so freaking good? Am I afraid to gain weight? Or have I really associated reliving stress with smoking a cigarette? The latter is why I've failed so many times in the past. But this time is the right time. I'm ready. I've started to hate the things the bad things about smoking more than the excuses I make to continue smoking. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

6 comments:

  1. I was shocked to find out that you were a smoker -- I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Honestly, it's almost ironic someone who is concerned with health and fitness would be a smoker! Good girl. Quitting is def one of the best things you could do for yourself! Good luck hun! You can dooooo it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, girl! If you really put your heart and mind into it, you'll surely succeed. It may be hard at first 'cause there's always the temptation to come back and just 'try' one more time. But in order to finally quit, takes a lot of will power. It may take some time but just believe in yourself and set a goal. Also, if you feel the urge to smoke, try to have some gum drops or hard candies handy-- try every possible way to distract yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was quite surprised to find out that you smoke as well! A couple classmates in Section 1 have attempted. 2 fell off the wagon but 1 has been smoke-free for almost a month! I'm helping anothing crecommer quit by punching him in the jaw everytime he goes out. I can do this for you too if you'd like! We'll be in the same class next semester so it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I can usually smell a smoker the moment they enter a room. I had no idea. You must have disguised it well or weren't too heavy a smoker in the first place. Good on you though! I smoked for about ten years and gave it up before I turned 30. The healthier you become, the less attractive will be the addiction.

    ReplyDelete