9.12.09

One week, almost, and I'm doing fine


A lot of you sound surprised that I smoke. And yeah, it's even crazier that I'm so in to health and wellness but yet I'll inhale poison into my lungs. But the truth is I'm not a heavy smoker. The amount I smoke varies like a graph of this year finances, but I do it none the less. Or should I say did it.

I found out something this week, which I wasn't all that surprised to find out, my smoking triggers are when I work and when I drink. And while I can't give up either of those I have to learn to deal. So, I won't lie. I smoked a little this weekend. But, it could have been worse. On Friday night I worked and had one then. It was a temporary lapse, but the only way I get a break is if I have a cigarette. It's almost become like a habit with another habit. If I break this cycle I'm golden.

Another time I smoked this weekend was when I was out Saturday night, but I only had two. I've got to say I was pretty proud of myself; hanging out with my friends who are smokers and not having more than that.

I'll keep posting my journey to quit.

1 comment:

  1. Right on Kiley! Cutting back is probably the best way to do it. Believe me you won't regret when us smokers are out there in -40 and your toasty warm inside.

    ReplyDelete