29.10.10

The Best Show for a Great Cause - Children's Rehab Rockout

I know last week I promised more about Russell Williams, but my presentation was over 20 slides, and I really don't want to put all that on my blog.  Instead, I thought I give everyone a little update about my IPP.  


Like most of you know, I'm working with my partner, Christa, to plan Children's Rehab Rockout, a concert to raise money for the Children's Rehabilitation Foundation.  So far things are going really well.  I've got four bands on board so far, which makes me really excited.  I have quite a bit of anxiety about the whole thing, though, because I'm terrified that some of them will end up cancelling on us.  I'm staying positive, and I do have faith that the bands will show up and do an awesome job.  But there is always that thought in the back of my mind that something WILL go wrong.


My next step now is to set up meetings with the bands that are onboard.  I need to get them to sign a contract so they are, hopefully, less inclined to back out at the last minute.  I also need to get some music and photos from them so that we can start our contest for "Winnipeg's best local band."  I need to get that done in the next couple of weeks so that our website can get up and running - October is virtually over and before we know it the concert will be nipping at our heels.


One thing I'm really impressed with over the course of planning this event is the enormous amount of help from the foundation.  On Tuesday for the first time, I met the new fundraising coordinator, Erin Kangas.  Because of my job this summer, I never had the chance to meet Erin, but when I finally did I was overwhelmed with how amazing and helpful she is.  She gave Christa and I some really positive feedback, and overall she is an amazing person.  She offered to get me in touch with a lady who works with local bands in order to help fill the last spot. I couldn't believe how quickly she got in touch with the woman and directed her to me, so that I could answer any questions she had.  Erin was also really impressed with the work Christa and I have done so far.  I just want to say that Christa is doing an amazing job with the sponsorship stuff, so I have a lot to live up to.  Erin thinks we are way ahead in terms of getting our stuff together.  In the "real world" she said we are way ahead of the game, which is really nice to hear.


There is still so much to do, but at least I feel good about what we accomplished so far.

1 comment: