21.10.10

"Canada's golden lie"



I don't want to spoil my presentation on Tuesday, but there was some serious PR today on the part of the Canadian Government about the Russell Williams case.  Both Prime Minister Harper and the Air Force made statements today regarding Williams.  I haven't had the chance to really dig too deep into it yet, but from a quick google search the earliest statement that I could find from the Air Force was on February 8, 2010, the day after Williams arrest. Lieutenant-General André Deschamps, Chief of the Air Staff made the statement on behalf of the Air Foce, but there appears to be no other statements in the months leading up to Williams court appearance this week.


So it seems as if the the government and the Air Force were letting police take the lead on any comments to Canadians, and decided instead to keep their comments to themselves after Williams was convicted and sentenced off his 88 offenses.  Now I'm not going to say too much more, because I have a lot more research to do and I don't want to spoil anything good I've found or might find for my presentation next week.  Check out my blog next week when I post my presentation of my analyses on the PR surrounding this case.

1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to your presentation on Tuesday! I'm sure that it will be quite a discussion.

    ReplyDelete