26.11.10

Don’t blow in a dog’s face - unless you want to get bit


I learned a valuable lesson yesterday.  Don’t blow in a dog’s face because it will bite you.  Don’t ask me why I didn’t know this, but any time I’ve done this before dogs just squirmed and tried to get away – this apparently is not the case, especially if the dog is quasi-crazy and dominant.


So now I have this freaking ugly looking scratch on my face.  But I guess we’re both responsible, because he should have know better and I should have know better – it’s a case of the should have known betters.

I was crazy upset at first, but when I had a chance to calm down I realized this was a valuable life lesson.  Not only did I learn dogs don’t like this, but also that this lesson can transcend into my relationships with people both in and out of the PR profession.

One, if someone doesn’t like something stop doing it, because the last thing you want to do is ruin a perfectly good relationship or the chance of one.

Two, stay away from crazy people and animals.  Sometimes a fight is just not worth fighting; so don’t even waste your breath.

And three, try, try, try your hardest not to piss people off especially ones with exceptionally large teeth and those who are your superior.

This ugly looking scratch on my face is now a constant reminder of how I should leave stuff alone, but only sometimes.  Sometimes battles are worth fighting.  However, the key is to know when it’s worth it, what price you’re willing to pay and what you’re willing to lose.

2 comments:

  1. Life gives us lessons in very unexpected ways but I do hope that your scratch will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little, I'd blow in my dog's face and he'd growl and bare his teeth. I never understood why that was the case. Now I've learned that he's not the only dog to dislike it!

    I'm sorry you got bitten!

    ReplyDelete