10.11.10

Editing my habits

The other day I was asked to do a survey regarding my drinking habits. Now you may be thinking the survey was just asking about my “drinking” habits, but it included how much coffee, water, pop and alcohol I consume. So I was pretty honest about most things, but when I got to the section about how many servings of alcohol I may drink each week I really had to think about my answers.


This is another form of editing. While I don’t have any “issues” with alcohol, I still wanted to lower the number of servings. I edited my habits to so that the person on the other end of the survey didn’t send me an email with a link to AFM – even if the survey was anonymous. You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to rack up the number of servings of alcohol you consume each week.

1 comment:

  1. Filling out that survey made me realize I no longer have a taste for soda. My kidneys must be translucent when considering all I drink is water.

    It's so common to want to edit yourself on surveys & only now in advertising do I understand the danger of skewing results. You're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete